 Castle / 7915 (+5)
  Re: More custom castle helms

(...) Variety is the spice of life - they all look good. The breathing holes add a little something. I like the Barbute, though I don't recall them having the heavy central ridge. I gotta go get some Sculpy. :-) Bruce (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More custom castle helms

I found the post about the first batch of custom helms, and discovered that you use Sculpey... Should have searched a bit more first. It's pretty easy to cast things in resin. All you need is a good master (it looks like you have several...) You can (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More custom castle helms

Funny you should mention this! I just got another batch of RTV-rubber yesterday to finish up an action figure project I've been working on. I would be happy to give it a try if no one else is game, but I would suggest the second or third most (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More custom castle helms

(...) otherwise I wish TLC actually made these. I have been messing with sculpey in other areas, but maybe it's time to bring into my lego stuff. -- Richard (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More custom castle helms

More great work, Kyle! I like the fifth one the best of this lot, with a first four being toss-ups. I still am very fond of the flat top helms, however. As far as rtv molding goes, if Bianca is willing, go for it! With our upcoming sticker project, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact