 Castle / 7525
Re: Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:52:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
All of the studs on it will have "LEGO" in tiny letters - as far as I know,
all Lego pieces that have studs, have "LEGO" on the studs.

James

I used to think that also. Lately, I have run into a number of pieces that are
absent the Lego mark. The most common is the 1 x 1 round brick. They have a
hollow stud on top and no place to put the Lego mark. Another example I came
across last night is the 'slope 75 2 x 1 x 3'. I was looking at a few from the
Snowspeeder. They have a very hidden mold number underneath, but no Lego mark
anywhere (as the single stud on top is hollow).

Somewhere I recall that the hollow studs are for safety reasons, in case a small
child swallows one. Less likely to completely cut off the air supply. Anyone
know for sure ?

Ray