 Castle / 7414
Re: Well, I just did it...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:36:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
Frank Filz wrote:

sheree rosenkrantz wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
I was browsing through eBay this evening, and lo, there was a 6075
Yellow Castle. Hmm, well, go take a look, hey, the seller is in
Greensboro NC (about an hour away).
<snip>

I'm curious as to who and where in G'boro.  Might there be  another AFOL in
G'boro?! or just a dealer?

Just a collectibles dealer I think. Most of the feedbacks I read which
gave a clue as to the item purchased were for cards.

Nope, I was wrong. He's an AFOL, and a member here, though as far as I
can tell with search, has only posted once (hey Fritz - you should join
in the discussion more). He's a castle person, which is cool. While
trains are very interesting to me, I'm also interested in other themes,
and it will be nice to have a fellow castle fan in the area.

Frank
Ok, Frank, here goes:
I guess since I'm being discussed here I should introduce myself. I've been
a Lego fan for well over 20 years (all my life really) and a little over a
year ago I decided to narrow my ever-broadening collection of toys down to
mainly Legos (mainly castle) and certain japanese robots. I tend to be very
outspoken, but I've been generally hesitant to post here on Lugnet mostly
due to others' tendencies to "piss on" each other (Which I think Frank Filz
adresses rather handily in a completely different post).

Through a very strange turn of events, in about a week's time in late
November, I became the proud owner of TWO 375 sets. I don't consider myself
to be greedy (and who needs all those yellow bricks anyway?) so naturally
decided to sell one. It took me some time to get to building the second one,
but eventually I did. Which brings us to here.

Hey, sheree, when's the last time you went to Kmart or TRU out on Cone
Blvd.? They're both bringing out old sets like there's no tomorrow (not too
much castle though). I bought a 6044 yesterday!!!

Fritz
f.W.o. Supreme Intergalactic Champion