 Castle / 7264
    Harry Potter speculation —Aaron West
   Seems to me that two sets should be obvious for the HP line comin' up this 2001 fall season, Hogwarts School/Castle and the Hogwarts Express/Train. If so what does this mean for the Train line currently running? Would it too, like the Town line, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Harry Potter speculation —Eric Joslin
   (...) Sure. Not a chance. The LEGO sets will be based on the movie, remember. The movie, unlike the book, has rather tight time constraints. Given, then, that the train will likely be a short scene, I'd be surprised to see a real train set (ie, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Harry Potter speculation —Aaron West
     (...) Actually, in addition to the Hogwarts stuff, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Diagon Alley and Gringots Bank. If they do anywhere near as good as they've done with the SW sets I'll be happy. Best, Aaron (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Harry Potter speculation —Sean Harrington
   Actually, I think the Hogwarts Express is a VERY likely candidate for inclusion in the HP Lego series, but probably NOT as a 9v train line item. Think Time Twisters Twisted Time Train (6497) rather than true Lego 9v Train. Lego is thinking for sets (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Harry Potter speculation —Richard Noeckel
     (...) "leaning in the Belville direction" ??? ?Really? --What do you base that on? Wouldn't it be hard to create a train large enough for those silly Belville characters. Also, I would have never thought that if Lego purchased a licensing agreement (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Harry Potter speculation —Sean Harrington
     (...) Agreed. It depends on how Warner Bros. feels about Lego interpretation of the work. Warner seems to have most of the domestic (U.S.) merchandising for HP tied up with some sort of an agreement to approve or disapprove licensed items based on (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Harry Potter speculation —Damien Nesbit
   (...) Sean, I know that the message that i'm responding to here was posted a little while ago, but as I read more of the HP novels, the more comitted I become to advocating Belville scale HP sets. Before reading on, you may want to refer to a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.belville, lugnet.dear-lego)