 Castle / 7097
  Which Set Should I Bring?

I'm about to set off across the country (Connecticut to Washington) for a temporary assignment (18 months) at Boeing and was wondering which castle set/s I should bring with me. I'm going to be relatively limited on space, so I can only bring a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) Yeah, reconsider working for Boeing... Sorry, my repressed annoyance for the company that laid me off slipped out there. Anyway, I would bring a bunch of small sets, and maybe one medium "base" set. Something that you can use for a base of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) Having just returned from a two week trip, I've got some thoughts. If you think you will be wanting to buy 2001 sets, I'd bring very little (perhaps just some minifigs) since in all likelyhood you will do what I did and buy way too much while (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) You can pack more if it is not built. :-) Jude (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) Actually, I'll still be working for Kaman Aerospace Corp. So I have no ties or long term relationship with Boeing. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) Yes, I'll definitely breakdown anything I plan on bringing. I'm hopeing to fill up a tub or two, so I think anything with a baseplate will be out. Dan M. (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) You could pack a few flat baseplates in your suitcase. They keep your shorts from wrinkling. ;-) Also you can probably stuff a few minifigs in your shaving kit. Heck, you could fit a spear or two in your toothpaste tube. :-) Above all you need (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) Hold-on there, this could get disgusting. (Although, It would be a good, albeit uncomfortable, way to hide Christmas presents) Dan M. (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) One large castle would seem to be better: it would remain in a more compact space when built and give more opportunities for variation. Carts can be added by (here's the dangerous thought, look out!) buying more Lego on location! You can (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) And I can attest that you can get quite a lot of LEGO into the limit for checked baggage. You can get up to 140 pounds of baggage (2 70 pound bags [well - more likely boxes]). I'll get the name of the toilet paper brand whose box worked so (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) Hey, speaking of coming to my neck of the woods, how did you fare on your home search? Did you find something you like? We'll be having a SEALUG meeting in January, so you'll have to come join us. You can be our premier Castle-head, as we have (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) As has been suggested, bring a big set for variation and buy some small stuff out here. (...) Yeah, and you can stand in the corner with me, the lone Pirate-head, and sneer at all of the Space-heads. :) "Oh look, they've built another gray (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Which Set Should I Bring?

(...) I'll second that (all but the toilet bag ;-). I stuffed pretty much everything I could when we moved - we had to take everything we wanted within about 10 suitcases (5 people). We only shipped a box or two of books... Be resourceful. Stick (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)