 Castle / 684
Re: More 2000 TRU Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:44:49 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote in message <383371AA.A968DDEE@mediaone.net>...
David Eaton wrote:

Piggybacking here...

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher Tracey writes:
4806 Axe Cart            2.99

Mmm....$3 for a minifig and a fairly impressive small arsenal...
I have a feeling that people are going to be picking up *plenty*
of these sets as backbones of Bull armies...can anyone make out
which face the minifig has?

Random sigh of disappointment - why must LEGO make the "bad guys"
have SUCH ugly faces nowadays.  Wolf Pack didn't need eye patches
sewn directly onto their skin.  Ewwwww.

LEGO continues to promulgate the notion that unattractive = evil.  Oh well.

6026 King Leo            4.99

Hmm...I estimate about 17 pieces, so this is one of the more
pricy sets - then again, its two minifigs and a big wall piece,
all of which are generally fairly expensive pieces.  I'd say
it looks worth it, and if/when they hit discount I'll buy a
bunch.

I see it as $2.00 per minifig, $1.00 for that wall piece.  Looks
like a great buy to me.  I hope the King's torso is a nice looking
element in it's own right, since I'll wind up buying multiples of
these.  (Similar to the way the bat lord's torso makes a good
warrior figure if given a different helmet).

--

jthompson@esker.com       "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"