 Castle / 67
  Re: Lets get a datsville castle going

(...) If you can send me the files I can render them, but I have to admit my L3P/Pov-ray experience is minimal. I do have access to some pretty hefty computers, though. Does the win32 version of Pov-ray benefit from dual processors? (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message news:slrn7uobdf.4qk....utk.edu... (...) powerful enough. So if (...) use to do the rendering it (...) Do you want to take a crack at some Datsville pics? The .pov files can be downloaded from (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lets get a datsville castle going

(...) Yeah, I can do that. I've got my swap file on my main work machine on a scsi drive with, oh, 6 gigs free. (...) Sure, I can do that. I've got a PIII-450 at work on my desk that can render all day/night when I'm not there (I can control it from (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lets get a datsville castle going

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lets get a datsville castle going

(...) That's nice to know. At least you should be able to render even if Datsville doubles in size. I'm not really sure how the size of the town corresponds to memory needed (...) I'll spend the time to line up the coordinates right using quality=0, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lets get a datsville castle going

(...) I had a problem when I set my swap file to start at 1GB under NT4, even though I told it to grow to 1.5GB. So I set it to 2GB and everything worked fine. Dunno what res and such you render at - I did it at 1280x1024 no AA and it 2 hours and 3 (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)