 Castle / 6398
Re: Theme Buckets (was Re: Bulk Direct)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:02:04 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:39EC87CC.1CFB@mindspring.com...
Timothy D. Freshly wrote:
Welcome to Castle!  It is pretty easy to be bitten by that "bug"!  IMHO,
theme buckets would be huge, not only among AFOLs but also with parents. • At
$20.00, you could get a taste of a theme and lots of bricks to boot.  I
would think that a 500-600 piece bucket with lots of gray, dark gray • basic
bricks, castle wall sections, arches, and arched windows, and 2-4 • minifigs
could be done for $19.99-$24.99.  I see the Pod bucket for SW as a good
first step (even though I did not buy one and probably won't) towards • more
theme buckets.  Time will tell.

Based on the $24.99 price for the 291 piece 7159 Podracer Bucket, I
doubt we'll see a 500-600 piece castle bucket for $20.

--
Frank Filz

Yikes!  I had not realized that the Pod bucket was only 291 pieces (I have
no interest in Pod racers so I have never looked closely at that bucket).
Of course, the more specialty pieces (arches, castle walls, minifigs) in a
bucket, the higher the cost per piece will be.  Evenso, the concept of a
castle bucket remains intriguing.

Tim