 Castle / 6374
Re: Bulk Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:02:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Roy Wood writes:
Okay, I've been bitten by the castle bug.  :-)

We'll forgive you anyways <grin,duck,run>

Now, as has been pointed out here in the past, it's pretty hard to lay
your hands on large quantities of grey bricks cheaply.  Anyone have any
comments to the contrary on that?

Sorry, unless you scope out garage sales or have a relative strapped for cash.

Lego's bulk-direct sales service is an amazing step forward in this
regard (thank you Brad et al!), and I'm eager to see what is in store
for this service in the future.  I hope it's successful enough that the
offerings will be greatly expanded.

We are all waiting to see.

Continuing on that thought, does anyone have any comments on the
likelihood of Lego ever offering something that caters to the castle
maniac?  Something on the order of the 1200 piece tubs with dark grey,
light grey, black bricks, arches, a few minifigs would be mind-blowing.
I just don't know if there's a large enough market to make something
like that worthwhile for Lego.

It would be nice to see more Theme-based tubs and buckets.

And has anyone ever pursued the possibilities of having Lego fill a
special bulk order from a ragtag group of Lego enthusiasts?  There seems
to be enough interest around here to put together an order for several
hundred thousand bricks.  I just don't know if Lego would be interested
in doing that (i.e. if it makes sense business-wise for them).

I do not know.

Enough rambling for now.  Hopefully Brad will read this and be able to
do something.

I don't know if he reads .castle so I x-posted to .lego.direct. He did do
something about the chrome castle sets, so you never know...

-Roy

Keep building,

Jude