 Castle / 6133
Re: The Mystery of the Printed Stones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:20:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Heather Patey writes:
Either of Dave's explanation makes sense... although we're assuming it was
actually built in 1993, and not an archive photo unearthed for this Castle
issue.

Hmm... I suppose... just seems odd that they'd dig for an old picture rather
than just make a new one...

We're also assuming it's TLC's, although it ought to be since there are
no other credits.

Although after the LUGNET logo fiasco in the Mania Magazine earlier this year,
we know they're not great at giving credit! :) But I'd assume it's TLC's...

I'd love to get my hands on some of those stickers!  By the
way, there's a half-arch (I think) covering the upper stones on the flat wall
at the lower right, so that explains their absence.

Ahh! I had thought it was just the outline of the 5x6 wall piece... it looked
like it fit, but being an arch makes a lot more sense!

(I tried scanning it
larger, but the moire effect was unbanishable and rather ugly.)  I have been
examining the picture with a magnifying glass.  Those white blobs by the big
red flag are sheep!

I daresay those responsible never dreamed their tower would be the subject of
such scrutiny :-)

I bet not! Kinda makes you wonder how much your own MOC's are under scrutiny
too! :)

DaveE