 Castle / 6115
Re: The Mystery of the Printed Stones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Or they could have been protoypes of the pieces.

Highly unlikely. If you actually look at the date on the magazine, it's
1993... The 1st castle corner pieces came out in 1986 with Black Falcon's
Fortress (6074) (also premiered in the Guarded Inn (6067) that year, but not
in grey), which means that the prototypes would have had to be kicking around
for 7 years (probably more like 8 or 9 seeing as how prototypes for pieces are
created long before their public release) before they were used in the model.
I find it much easier to believe that they were misprinted pieces that got
sent to the model builders. Or I suppose it could have been built in plain
grey at which point someone suggested using a printed brick instead of the
plain, and stickers or digital enhancement was added.

DaveE