 Castle / 5079
Re: Forestman's... Place. -- MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:29:27 GMT

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FwozD9.JMB@lugnet.com...
Gosh, I was composing a reply, it got erased and I forgot all 'bout it... • what
with all the CW talk... sorry :-)

In lugnet.castle, Dylan Bradley writes:
1.) That little tower-thing at the back is an elevator-type pulley-thing. • In
"The Wonderful World of DBR" the forestmen are crafty elven-type people -
and they built an elevator.

Very neat!! I tried my hand at one myself once, but this looks much better
than mine. :-)

Using the garage-door pieces (that's what they are, no?) is a good idea...
I'll hafta try that...

Thanks, and yes they are garage door pieces. Initially I was trying without
the garage door pieces, but rather just using a teeter-totter-thing which
took up the whole back wall/space and looked gross. Plus it was un-even, and
slanted...

Then I stumbled over one of the 850,000 6087 boxes I have lying around, and
decided to copy the boulder-doorway, and wha-la.

3.) The Roof/Top patio comes off, and the interior is fully accessible. I
have only installed a "beer-tap", which looks pretty naked all by • itself...
No point in opening it yet...

Well, get to work and make an interior! How many times have i said that's • my
fave? To work, now!! <grin>

No, no, no! The exterior is the most important! <G>

4.) The forest to the right (the castle's right) is really very big. The
Castle (which, btw, is owned by Lord Elwin - a VERY rich, and • distinguished
magician) is situated right on the border of the Ogel (Oh-gel) forest, • and
acts mainly as a "Last stop for 300 miles" type place for passer-byer's.

Ooooh!! Intrigued again.
BTW, your vegetation is very cool and nice looking.

Thanks!

More...

I like the little towers! Nice architecture there with the arches...
The stairway to the elevator-top looks nice and slick... gotta steal some
designs...

Be my guest, and thanks!

The visitors sound interesting, how 'bout some captions about them? I'd • love
to see some.

I tried, but my HTML skills limited me that *early* morning, and while I was
combating the incessant sound of magpies screaming, I was trying to stay
awake at the same time...

IOW: I have the people/characters you saw "invented", but my patients ran
out as I was throwing everything onto that website that morning... this week
I will :-)

-Shiri (now officially sixteen!)

I was that old once :-)

Cordially,