 Castle / 4480 (+20)
  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) I must add yet another corrolary that I discovered... I felt it appropriate enough to hunt this thread up for it... :-) Any piece that is completly unwanted will appear in the largest quantities possible, in a very ubiquitous manner. Once you (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The last time I'll bother you...

(...) Your inn looks great! Thanks for showing the final product. (...) Looks like a great idea to steal! The tops (I think they're called capitals - maybe with an "o" instead of the second "a") I've seen at LEGOLAND use a different technique. They (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

One more collary to add to this thread: If a piece of Lego has a sharp point on it and falls to the ground, the point will always be facing up. This piece can only be located by stepping on it with bare feet. :-) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Divers set 6560 is great for castle parts!

(...) I've never been big on arches, but we'll see. Seems they're all over the place these days, may as well figure out some way to use 'em. Last time I tried, I wound up with something that looked like a spanish mission in grey. Shoulda taken some (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Roborider's 'berd (was:This little dwarf went to the market)

(...) Having just seen a lava roborider in the um,. ABS I can report the halberds are indeed black. The Roboriders were in a roadshow display at the local shopping centre, dispite the fact that they're not due in stores for another two months. (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) with (...) And after the initial shock of the impaled foot is felt, you are unconciously driven to lift your foot off the ground very abruptly, placing yourself in the least stable standing position possible. Then after trying in vain to grab (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  RE: The Law of Falling Lego

And not always the piece with the sharpest point...Some of the shields/roadsigns/other fragile pieces also fall into the step-on and fall-on categories. :( Benjamin Whytcross BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au Ph: (03) 9856 5282 Directory Technology Pty (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) Or, if you're *really* lucky, you don't fall, but manage to jump to a different location - which of course also has a few sharp pieces... Having wall-to-wall carpeting never helps, somehow... -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

And so I'm building this castle (c.f. some other thread here). And I have some neat ideas come to me, and it pretty much gets determined that the castle isn't owned by some lord or duke or knight-commander or whatnot, but instead by a wizard. No (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Roborider's 'berd (was:This little dwarf went to the market)

(...) Cool! Black halberds... ah, the places this could go... Joining the ranks of black spears and bows... now, if only we could get some cheap sets w/black swords ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

(...) Hmm... I would suspect a wizard would have some nice, comfy chairs and nothing on the walls. After all, you don't want anyone poking thru his stuff... Maybe there's a humble kitchen next door, so he can give his guests some nice newt soup... (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The last time I'll bother you...

(...) No, thank *you* and everybody else for the awesome feedback. I couldn't have done it without you all! The suggestions and ideas that were given to me early on inspired me so much, you have no idea! -Shiri (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

Perhaps a wall of ancient dusty tomes inscribed with strange runes. Or perhaps a statue of a bizarre creature. Or maybe a big fish tank! Dave J.D. Forinash <foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message news:8eimsj$rnn$1@cc...ome.com... (...) dangerous (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

(...) J.D., I've done some extensive research on just that question[1], so I thought I'd share the results here in this august forum. The Red Fox: "A pair of comfortable chairs and a matching table, made by that charming fellow who used to live down (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So what's a Wizard keep in his living room?

BOOKS!!!!!!! (screams the man who has an estimated 3,000 pounds [1.5 tons] of books in a storage shed...) Lots and lots of books! And scrolls! And maps! (Books are avaiable, IIRC, from the Fairy/Castle Belville sets, and of course map tiles are (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Law of Falling Lego

(...) ...Or alternately: "A 1x1 trans-* piece that falls on the floor can only be found by the vacuum cleaner"... this after my daughter tipped over my 1x1 trans dot box :-/ ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Guarded Inn ?

Is this the set with the red walls ? I have the plans and some but not all the parts I do have the tavern sign though. What are my chances of getting two red walls with black timbers to complete the set ? I could swap for white walls with bricks (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn ?

(...) Yes. (...) I would say very slim. This is the only set to have the red walls, and is one of the more valued sets out there, rarely going for less than $100, regardless of condition, and a sealed one would (at a guess) easily go for several (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Guarded Inn ?

(...) Yep. The only one :( (...) :( (...) :) (very cool part) (...) Not good. Unless you want to shell out for the entire set itself... those come and go every once in a while on ebay, etc... (...) I wonder how that'd look-- it might look kinda (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn ?

(...) Actually, better than you might think... I recently won a lot with at least 3 pairs of these off eBay for a quite reasonable price (and no, they aren't for sale - perhaps for trade for the right thing). (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact