 Castle / 4343
  Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) Urg. Now I'm depressed. :-P (...) Does anyone have any advice as to which sets are more cost-efficient for raw building-building materials? Like, I wanna build a building with lotsa gray 1xN bricks, some windows, a decent roof (i.e. 6xN (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) I don't know for sure, but I'd bet on: -grey brick packs -a 6097 (or two or three, or eighteen) on clearance from kbkids.com Any number of 6097s will supply you with the cool arched windows, as well as grey arches; also I think it has a few (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

As Shiri says, 6097 is the perfect choice for castle parts these days. It is cheap, easily available, and has a wide range of parts. It was on sale a while back at kbkids.com for only $25! The downside of this is that nearly every LUGNET'er has a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) raw (...) gray (...) arches (...) Well, maybe the kbkids.com site. I saw the Bat Lords castle for 30 some dollars a few minutes. That might have some parts for you. Scott S. -- Scott E. Sanburn Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) As far as I know there is no real cost efficient way to acquire large quantities of 1xN grey bricks. I plan on tackling my first large building in white since it is more readily available in brick buckets. Rob - Rob Farver - (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)