 Castle / 376
Re: Castle 2000 Eye-candy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
What Richard was reffering to is that the Ninja castles are built up out
of wall modules which interlock, and can be combined in different ways.

--
Frank Filz

Ahhh... ok. I don't know if I like the way it's been done on some of the sets,
but it is a cool idea in general... The stone tower bridge was actually pretty
good about it, with technic pegs holding the sections together... but some of
the other sets' "modules" were kind of flimsily put together, and were
difficult to put elsewhere (except maybe on other sets)... The one I
particularly hated was Night Lord's Castle (ok it's not Ninja, but still)...
the modules were ok (the tower is ugly), but they were only held together by 2
1x2 grey bricks if I remember correctly... that made it kinda fragile (It
actually fell from my hands to its demise once thanks to that problem)...

It's a cool idea when it's done well (like with the Blacktron I sets! THOSE
were cool!)... but I think I like the classic hinging wall castle designs
better-- in the days before massive baseplates. Of course that's probably just
me being set in my ways, but hey...

DaveE
The Stone Tower Bridge is Fabulous!  I have the better parts on 3 on them put
together on a shelf, some of the very little lego I have displayed anywhere at
the moment..  I have it set up with 3 center sections and 2 of the towers with
the revolving doors, one at each end, looks pretty cool.  Sometime I'll have to
add the other center sections that I got (think I have 2 more STB lurking
around here somewhere).  The 3 center sections give it a length and scale that
just one cannot do....
Mike