 Castle / 3559
Re: King Leo for how much?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 08:58:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Duncan writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Duncan writes:
I got a real surprise at Target.  They have the 6026 King Leo set for
$2.89!  At the normal price, this set doesn't really impress me.  For $2.89,
though, I can deal with the rounded wall pieces, way too many crowns, and
the silver swords.

If you have way too many silver swords, send them over to me :-)
What with 4811s at easy reach, I'll be runnin' outta swords for my knights
soon...

I know what you mean.  My problem is that I prefer the grey swords.

Yah, most people do. In fact, I do too. But I decided to try those out, 'cause
I realized I had as much swords as 4811 figs... I also have a non-mounted
swordsmen unit, using the grey swords.

BTW, it
looks like you have a great start on your army.  I've always thought of the
4811 figs as foot troops, but they look good as mounted knights.

Thanks! The swords, I think, give them an elitistic look... They are the
king's best, led by Prince Franz himself. (There's another guy who is in
control of the rest of the army... no name yet.)

I have been using my extra King Leos as mounted knights with a smiley head and
a bullet helm.  My king keeps his crown and gets a silver sword and the horse
with the barding.  It is good being the king!

Meanwhile I olnly have one extra king fig, I used one as the Prince's body.
King Marck's current face (different from the current web pics) is NOT the Leo
face, but actually the old Obi-Wan face (gotta love that face!).

So how many did you buy, anyway?

My remaining lego budget allowed me to pick up 6 sets.  I just hope they don't
figure out their mistake before payday!!!

<grin> "Lucky" for me, I can't own a credit card... so what I have in cash is
what I can buy with. (Unless my parents decide to be REALLY generous and buy
me a set... usually occurs once a millenium, and since the last occurence was
three days ago... I'll have to wait a loooong time before it happens again :)

I don't
know if this is a local price, just in Calif., or if it goes further, but
you
might take a look at Target for a good deal.

Easy for you to say. Over in Bawston, we ain't got no Targets... :-)

That is only fair, over here on the west coast we ain't got no TCS  :o)

Ouch, ouch! OK, OK, you got me! ;)

-Shiri