 Castle / 284
Re: by far rarest knights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:31:18 GMT

   Dirk,
   You are right... I forgot all about the 1592 Knights, and I guess
everyone else did, too.  I have about 10 of these knights, making them the
rarest knights in my collection.  I have more of any other type of knight
that Lego made, I am quite sure.  I don't have that many white hatted women
folk, but they aren't knights.  As for the price to the 1592 Knights, I have
paid between $2 (someone didn't know what they had - I didn't either, it was
a pleasant surprise) and $25 per figure.  But, these are very very hard to
find, and I think I would pay whatever the asking price for more of these.
I think its "easier" to find a complete (or nearly complete - usually they
are missing some stickers or knights) 1592 than to find an individual knight
from the set.  I need a sticker sheet to 1592...

--
   Have fun!
   John
Dirk Niermann wrote in message ...
In general I think the rarest minfigs of all to find in good condition are • the
78-83 minifigs with stickers as the yellow castle style knights have.

But there are knights, wich are by far the rarest of all and wich are not
mentioned jet: the knights of # 1592 town sqare with the lion/heart • stickers on
torsos and shields.

They should have the position on top of the list. But I´m not sure if
someone somewhere fixed a price for the knights of this set only.

Dirk

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:

Good point-- in terms of specific castle figs, females are probably the • rarest
by far... just look at how much the Maiden's carts and Forsest Wench's go • for!
They probably released fewer of these than any other figs...

But as far as specific 'teams' or 'armies', I'd say probably the classic • yellow
castle-style knights are the rarest nowadays... although seeing as • Wolfpack
only released 2 sets, and there were only a few sets with them included • (and
they only lasted a couple years), they might eventually turn into the • rarest
genre... But for right now, I'd be tempted to agree... Of course, I'm • terribly
flexible, but if I HAD to rank them:

- "classic" (yellow castle style)
- Black falcons
- Classic Forestmen