 Castle / 2594
  Re: Erik leaves home

(...) I may not use metric on a regular basis, but I'm not so metrically impaired as to not see a problem with the above (if you are metrically impaired, just look at your speedometer tonight and see what the problem with the above is). (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Erik leaves home

(...) ;-) Mainly that 160 km are 100 miles, not the opposite... (and yes, I used to use the metric system regularly, until moving to the 'let's do it our way' US... :) -Shiri (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Erik leaves home and goes many miles

(...) Oops! Well I guess that would make me imperically impared So it would be 65ish miles. I'm sorry but for me that's not so big a distance. Is that because I don't live with miles or is it just to do with the number involved. James from Oz (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) We're not doing it our way, we're doing it the old way. Everyone else went and did it some other way. I think the metric system is a plot by the French to take over the world (or maybe a backlash against anything English, as evidenced by the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) Using the "Star Wars" standard, there are 2.85 studs/meter. Jeff "You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed" (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) Guess I should document. See this message: (URL) can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed" (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Erik leaves home and goes many miles

(...) I suspect that Australia is somewhat like the USA in that respect. "In Europe, 100 miles is a long way. In America, 100 years is a long time." I suppose it's just what you're used to. I suspect that in Legoland, even one mile (scale!) is a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) about 2.87 studs = 1 minifig meter (this is based on your average minifig being 6 minifig feet tall, and actually being 42mm tall (5.25 studs or 4.375 bricks tall) So for metric, estimating about 3 studs = 1 meter is not too bad... for (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) But remember that medieval minifigs were actually much shorter than modern ones because they didn't have as good nutrition. Shouldn't we take that into account? 8) I think that 1 stud = 1 foot would work pretty well for CW. At least for us (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) lol (...) I'm all for it. That's usually what I use as my estimate, except that it means my minifigs are all 5 feet tall. On a side note, Altavista will spit out a bunch of conversion tools if you ask it for "metric conversion" (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

On a side note, Altavista will spit out a (...) Does that actually include a "metric to Lego" chart? (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)

(...) Alas, no, it's not that sophisticated, although it did have such esoteric units as drams and fathoms. I should write my own utility and plunk it up on the net. All it is is simple math. (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)