 Castle / 2170 (+20)
  Re: Facial Expressions ..

(...) It most certainly does! Thanks, Bill, for the fabulous idea! (...) LOL! That arrow isn't the most realistic one I've ever seen ;-) but otherwise it looks really good. (...) We can finally have some unchronic-happy guys! Yay! -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Maybe you've all seen this already, but...

(...) Yup. I have Dr. Carney's stuff bookmarked, and I go browse over there whenever my keyboard is getting low on drool. :) Seriously amazing stuff. If you haven't seen them, stop reading RIGHT NOW and go check them out. They're that good. James (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Wow. Castle was good!

I only had classic space (pre-Blacktron) and freestyle when I was a kid, so I never really knew what the castle series used to be like. I've come out of my dark ages tuned into castle in a big way (1). I've been collecting a lot of clearance Ninja, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle World Map

I am playing with the idea of trying to make a map using POVRay which would allow not only a top view of the map, but a rendered 3D view of the map with trees and mountains, etc. Does anyone think this is a good idea, or is it too much work. Timbo (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  more critters - a frog, a toad, and a newt

I've posted a ".DAT" file containing minifig-scale models of a frog, a toad, and a newt [1,2] over in ".cad.dat.ideas" ("(URL) all the recent interest in ".castle", I thought that all the new wizards that have appeared/will appear may need some more (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 5824 - the inside story

(...) <snip> (...) Back to this discussion again... I've created my "Big Five" - more about them later - and posted a preliminary pic on my site. It's on the front page, you can't miss it! -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Picture Editing ...

(...) figured (...) It'd be cool if you made an arrow sticking out of Verneer. Alan (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World Map

(...) hey, timbo! yes, it's a great idea, and it will work on the CW map i'm currently designing. ...and, yes, it's too much work, but it'll be fun and well worth it! try to hang loose for a couple more weeks when pawel and i will have a LOT to show (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World Map

(...) If people are interested I will try to get POVRay to output the sample version I was playing with as an example. We would need to work out a key for the Lego map: Like: 1 stud = 1 mile (5 miles, etc.) 1 plate thickness = 1000 feet of elevation (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Picture Editing ...

(...) He actually did. See: (URL) a followup to Bill and Jeff's ideas in this thread. -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Maybe you've all seen this already, but...

Holy cow! -- Paul Davidson Frederick Paepke <paepkef@net-link.net> wrote in message news:fpfc9s0lvq9odil...4ax.com... (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Black Weapons? Where?

Hi, Could somebody give me examples of sets that contained black weapons? Currently, I have ONE black spear (tons of brown ones), ONE black lance (lots of brown & gray ones), and ONE black quiver without a bow to match (quite a few brown ones). I'm (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World Map

(...) Timbo! you're psychic! well sort of. amazingly close to what i've been working on! the color code i'm using (thus far, always room to change later) is a bit more simplified, and used to denote basic textures : blue ~ water lt. blue ~ as a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Weapons? Where?

(...) The Native American Western sets had massive quantities of Black Spears, Bows (and quivers), and Hand Axes/Hatchets. The only Black Sword appeared in 6041 Armor Shop. Black Battle Axes and Lances have been in numerous Castle sets over the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Glow in the dark stuff?

I recently came across a real shelf worn timecruisers set in TRU. (Pretty weird - the TRU is only like 2 years old or so, and their stock is pretty small+I've looked through it a lot.. Maybe it was sitting in a back room somewhere) Anyways... One of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Trebuchet (was: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold)

(...) I just watched the Siege Weapons edition of the Nova "Secrets of Lost Empires" miniseries on PBS. Basically, the hour-long show focused on the efforts of two groups of people to build two slightly different trebuchets using medieval methods, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sneak preview Estuary Stronghold

Thankd for the enthousiastic responses. I will try to answer your questions when better pictures (showing more detail) are up. Eric (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Weapons? Where?

(...) IMHO these are some of the best kept secrets for good parts around. I have been picking up 6766's on Clearance at my local TRU now for months. (URL) the figs suck although the female head is good and the male heads are OK barbarians plus you (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Glow in the dark stuff?

(...) If you're interested in Divers and don't mind buying an entire set, the 6441 Deep Reef Refuge has a Pirate ship wheel in it. (URL) were pretty cheap (around $30) at kbkids.com. I got an email from them the other day advertising a 20% off sale (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Idea For A Wizard...

Well this is a simple idea really but it came out pretty cool IMHO. I will get pictures up in my next round of pictures but that might not be for a week or two and I wanted to share this. I used the Gungan Soldier torso from 7115 - Gungan patrol (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact