 Castle / 21685 (-20)
  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) Kill joy... ; ) God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Hi Mike, Yes, I considered this possibility in the beginning, but I was not convinced by the vectorization process. One key issue is that silk-screened parts are far from perfect (misprints, color registration problems...). I found that (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

Reading your tutorial made me wonder whether scans of the orignal parts could be vectorized using Inkscape (Inkscape includes an automatic raster-to-vector converter). The resultant SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file could then maybe be converted (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost on planet Earth ... somewhere

(...) Your post would be better made to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost on planet Earth ... somewhere

My intent was as someone stated, a "cautionary tale" and a request for others to keep a lookout ... admittedly a desperate request because the person possessing the lost set could also read the post and remove the identifying sticker. I hoped that (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) Indeed. Though I find myself wondering why Martin's, John's and your posts were all crossposted to off-topic.debate. The content, while probably off-topic for castle, is not off-topic per se, in my view. I've set the FUT to (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) --snip-- (...) Most certainly posting a full and raw e-mail address is extremely rude and disrespectful. I note that Anne includes an anti-spam section in her own posting address here and to not offer the some privilege to someone else is (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) Give the guy a brake, he wasn't being "political incorrect" and it is good to know about problems so the rest of us do not make the same mistake or fall into the same trap, which ever. Had he said the US or Canada or GB would he have been (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

(...) A couple of days ago, on some other website, I read a message from a Slovakian AFOL complaining about not getting an uninsured MISB 6030... yes, it was him. In my opinion, it is definitely not honest to make public his full name, member name (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) Last year we had a (URL) motorized dinosaur> rampaging through the town. Hopefully stacks of four 2X4 bricks won't cause too much trouble. =-) Just to make sure we're all on the same page, the Distance part of the Fling Things Contest will be (...) (16 years ago, 31-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) It scares me to answer this question... The plan is to have it in the ballroom. But, if this becomes dangerous to MOCs in the room, then we may need to reconsider. Regardless the ceiling in the ballroom is about 25 feet up. Good luck :) Bryan (16 years ago, 30-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

(...) If this is going to be held inside one of the ballrooms, can you tell us the height of the ceiling? (16 years ago, 30-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Brickworld Castle contest - Fling Things!

I'd like to announce the Castle contest for Brickworld this year. Fling Things! There are two basic machines of war that can be used to fling the brick missiles: catapults and trebuchets. (Catapults use torsion skeins for power and trebuchets use a (...) (16 years ago, 30-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  6030 MISB lost in Slovakia

I sold a MISB 6030 LEGO 1984 Catapult set to Ivan Mucha from the Republic of Slovakia on eBay who has the eBay member name bombrak and whose email address is thefly@stonline.sk. Being overconfident and hoping to save the buyer postage, I sent the (...) (16 years ago, 28-May-08, to lugnet.castle)

  Fire Skull - an armored dragon

Hello, inspired by a Yu-Gi-Oh card my eight year old son Sandro started to build an armored dragon a few days ago. I'm really proud of what he came up with! (3 URLs) He invented and built this completely on his own. The only help he asked for was (...) (16 years ago, 12-May-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) Philo! Awesome tool, can hardly wait to check it out. I've been waiting for a long, long time for such a prog. w. (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) For unproject MLCad does the job. Symply select everything and set the appropriate matrix row at 0. This is perfect for triangle, quads... If you have primitives you have to later automatically fix the "all zero matrix row" using LDDP. The (...) (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) This is great! Like Tim, I'd been thinking about writing a tool like this for a long time. Thank you very much for making this available. Steve (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) It's a direct parallel projection. I think it's the best since the photo (with a long focal lens) or a scan has the same projection. Philo (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Ldraw parts authors tool: Projector

(...) I was curious if it was a direct projection or an area preserving one. A nice variant might be to write an area preserving variant although that would get quite complex. Tim (16 years ago, 8-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact