 Castle / 21635 (-40)
  Re: Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

(...) It appears that the 4th version also has an eye, whereas the older 3 don't. David (17 years ago, 25-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

(...) Jojo reported it here (URL) started a thread which confirmed that they're rarish. But I've never heard a convincing explanation for why they were printed that way. (...) Neat. And mysterious. (...) I've always assumed that TLG just reused the (...) (17 years ago, 18-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

(...) Hi Dave, I also remember this discussion from several years ago. Johannes Koehler has pictures of three different Black Falcon torsos: (URL) A fourth variation can be found in the re-released 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress (set 10039) figures. (...) (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Black Falcon reverse image on torso?

Hey all, I seem to recall years ago that someone had posted a picture they had of two Black Falcon 'figs. One had the standard shield design, the other had the same design only with the head of the bird facing in the opposite direction (to the left (...) (17 years ago, 17-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Samurai Gates

(...) Awesome use of a raised baseplate. Also, I love the fact that the upper floor is tiled. Great job! -Elroy (17 years ago, 3-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Samurai Gates

Through the gates of a Samurai clan, a small contingent of Ninjas prepare for a journey to the West. (2 URLs) AC (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r

(...) Looks like it was a lot of fun! I esp. like the use of upside-down 1x1 orange bricks for the kiddies trick-or-treat bags!! Very nice detail for sure. Imagine my surprise when I saw that you managed to take a photo of BrickLink's main (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  TexLUG at Halloween Howl'r

TexLUG was invited to attend the Institute of Texan Cultures' Halloween Howl'r event in San Antonio, which corresponded with their "Here Be Dragons!" exhibit. We were asked to put together a medieval/dragon themed display, and while only Chris (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Persian Caravan

The Zam Wessel head on the slave Leia torso is just plain genious! Off to dig mine out and make my own belly dancer! Dave S. (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Persian Caravan

(...) Nicely done. I think the camels are pretty creatively done - looks like you might be able to use some 1x2 modified plates with single studs on the back to allow centering mounted riders, too. The whole scene is well-done. I'm glad to see (...) (17 years ago, 21-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Persian Caravan

An oasis provides a refreshing respite from the scorching desert dunes for the traveling caravan making their journey to the Western hemisphere. (URL) AC (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Dwarves' Mine

(...) Thanks, after my posting, I remembered a box of old LEGO given to me a couple of years ago. In it there was 32 sections of curved track (16 inside and 16 outside), 49 sections of straight track,two right-turn, and 2 left-turn switches. So I (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Dwarves' Mine

(...) Don - That's the old 4.5 volt battery-operated train track. The (URL) inside curves> and (URL) curves> haven't appeared since the 80's, but the (URL) straight track> occasionally turns up in non-train sets. There are 31 copies of (URL) this (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Dwarves' Mine

I went out today and bought 2 sets of #7036 Dwarves' Mine. This now gives me 4 sets. I will never buy another... well not til next month anyway. Now, TLG where are the battle packs of Dwarves and separately, the Goblins/Orcs? This should be two (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

(...) Correct. I believe most LEGO stores have these in their stock area, being held until mid-October. Some stores also have the Mr. Magorium's Big Book set also being held also. www.magorium.com Scott (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

(...) FYI- also found it at a 'new' Target in MN; they're opening or re-opening many stores nationwide, same prices as mentioned everywhere it seems. Happy building, Aaron (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

They were, but got pulled back off the shelves for some sort of batch release. I also picked a bunch up, but could not get any more till October 14th/15th timeframe, oh well, not far away. (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

(...) Actually, these sets are already availble in LEGO Stores as I bought the TIE Crawlers 2 weeks ago at Potomac Mills and I remember seeing the others as wells. -Orion. (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

AND my understanding is all these should be available on LEGO Stores, October 15th in USA at least. (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  New Limited/Special Edition Sets Now at Target

Hey y'all, Today I found at Target (North Carolina) 4 new Limited/Special Edition LEGO sets: 7036 Dwarve's Mine 7664 TIE Crawler 7721 Combat Crawler X2 (Exo-Force) 8146 Nitro Muscle (a Technic or Racers car, don't remember which) All are priced at (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Da Bulls Camp

A lovely tree! (And scene ; ) Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (17 years ago, 30-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Da Bulls Camp

Venturing out of their (URL) peak castle>, the Bulls camp out for the night. (URL) More pics in the (URL) when moderated. AC (17 years ago, 29-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Vignette - A Hard Day's Fight - INTERACTIVE!

Sir Taindeath was weary after the day's battle - no matter how many evil skeletons he killed, there always seemed to be more. As the sun began to set he wondered if he would live to see the next day... (URL) now for the interactive part - YOU get to (...) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  Torture Chamber - a Castle Vignette

Knocked unconscious during the attack on his patrol, the warrior awakes to find himself chained upside down in the deepest darkest part of the evil Wizard's castle. A fire spits and sizzles only inches from his face, and from the corner gloom, a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(...) That article does explain why TLC is reluctant to build "Space" as such (too close to star wars). (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(...) (URL) Enjary (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(...) Please try actually reading Ben's article first. (URL) you think Mark Sandlin spent a week in Denmark to build Castle sets? TWS Garrison (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

Nice to hear about fan involvement with the new Castle sets. Now all they need to do is to have fan involvement with "space" (or non-starwars sci-fi or whatever LEGO are calling it) and then maybe we will get proper Space sets instead of "Mars (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(URL) My name is Ben Ellermann and I am a huge LEGO Castle fan! This article will tell you how several lifelong Castle builders and I contributed to the new castle line. I first joined the LEGO Ambassadors in Spring 2006. Soon I found out that a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Chevron Camp

They've come down from their (URL) icy outpost> to make camp on their journey to a neighboring kingdom. (URL) AC (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2006 Castle Area

In lugnet.castle, Thomas Rafert wrote: Um yeah that title should be NWBrickCon 2007 Castle Area. :-) Thomas (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  NWBrickCon 2006 Castle Area

NWBrickCon is less than a month away. Tedward over at Classic Castle emailed me about having a Grand Tournament as the theme for our castle layout. I think this is an excellent idea and the plans are in motion for bringing this together. More (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

Hey, Joe already linked Pico's awesome MOC, but you might also check these out: (URL) event at Disneyworld LIC> (URL) Two versions of the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle: (URL) grandram> (2 URLs) SALUG Disneyland display> (URL) Bruce (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.disney, FTX)

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

(...) Take a look at the footprint and make it fit a grid of baseplates. This will let you he able to make base modules and use technic pins to join at the edges. With that, you could biuld teh ground, and first level of teh castle. You can make the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

(...) Thanks Joe, These pics are fantastic! I am thinking minifig scale so that would make the tallest spire 189'(which is #20 according to the the disney blueprint approx. 47 1/4" high... John (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cinderella's Castle

(...) You might want to look at this gallery for reference: (URL) transport, sections are needed. How big do you plan to build this? Joe (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Cinderella's Castle

Hello Again! I forgot to mention that I am going to need to transport this 150mi. for display purposes.... John (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  Cinderella Castle Project

Hello! I am thinking about building a replica of Cinderella's Castle from Walt Disney World in FL. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!! I want it to be table top size... Regards, John Rick New Jersey, USA (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle)

  He has returned...

King Jayko and his brave knights had thought Vladek was defeated for good. he had been slain in battle at the Mistlands Tower. His surviving Scorpion and Rogue Knights have been imprisoned or executed. All of them, except for one... A lone soldier (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Review of set 7090, Crossbow Attack Review

Thanks for the honest and intelligent review! I think the problem with the new catsleline is that we've had so high expectations of it because it is clearly so much better than the most recent Castle sets. But at the same time, it isn't aywhere as (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact