 Castle / 20271
Re: Witch's Abode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:54:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
   http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/5379

That’s great, I can just see Nanny Ogg and her evil cat Greebo lounging inside, broomstick shoved over the fireplace...

I’m not familar with the discworld series, but I may have to pick up one to check it out.

   I particularly like the asymmetrical roof slope, lends a nice crooked air to the building. And although purple is not exactly my favorite color, it works well with the black trim and tan brickwork.

The asymmetrical roof (if you are refering to the back roof) is both to add interest to the roof, but also to allow the building to swing open, without sticking the hinges way out. I wasn’t too keen on purple (lilac as peeron is calling it) before, but after this moc, it’s grown on me. I considered brown woodwork, but it did not look good. One last thing, it could be the color is off in my pictures, but the brickwork is grey & dark grey not tan. Tan could be neat though, I may try it on my next one.

Thanks,

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB