 Castle / 20270
Re: Witch's Abode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:47:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Isaac Yue wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
   http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/5379

This looks great. I saw it on brickshelf this morning before I read this post, and was thinking to myself what a cute little house. Both the stoneworks and the color purple suit the theme of a witch well, and the interior settings (fireplace, bookshelf) are perfect. But what’s that in the last picture? A medieval exo-skeleton that the witch uses as transportation? Anyway I honestly quite like this moc.

Issac, thanks for your comments. The interior was tricky, with my limited selection of purple bricks. You may have noticed the large amount of 1x1s in the walls.

In the last picture - Here’s the story, I was playing around the with skeleton arms and legs, working on furniture in her house, when I found that arm config. A big skeleton seemed like the next step. I wasn’t sure how to do the legs, but when I used that 1x2 plate with handle, I had the plate sticking out... The only thing to do with it was let her ride it. Probably not around town, but maybe into battle if necessary? I’m probably going to make some more, for an invasion scene.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB