 Castle / 19964
19963  |  19965
Subject:
New Knight's Kingdom Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:39:54 GMT

I hope I'm not the only one that is slightly disappointed with the new Knights
Kingdom. Mostly it's because of the continuing trend by LEGO to make it nearly
impossible to buy large quantities of minifigs. They did a nice job last time
around by creating a number of sets (i.e., the archer and silver armor sets)
that were low priced and could be bought in bulk, even though they did not
reintroduce the old Minifigure sets which I miss so much. While I would like to
spend as much money on these new sets as I did on the old, I can't really
justify spending $10 for two minifigures (see set 8777). Plus, I wonder what is
the justification for doubling the price of this set as opposed to the
comparable sets 4816, 4817, 4818, and 4819. The Rebel Chariot especially, seems
to be pretty similar; one horse, two knights, and some bricks to form the
chariot instead of a small catapult. What gives? I realize that LEGO has been
having some financial difficulties, but does that mean they have to try to gouge
us? What happened to the small two, three, four, and five dollar sets? I was
unaware that the recent gas price rise was also directly correlating a rise in
the price of LEGO knights. Generally I have felt LEGO has done a remarkable job
of keeping their prices steady, but this time around I feel more could have been
to help the traditional castle buyer like myself who isn't looking for non
minifig scale one knight sets.

Rick