 Castle / 19836
Re: Castle wall idea - using 3 x 3 x 6 Corners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 04:08:58 GMT

On Sun, 16 May 2004, Jeff Shiner wrote:

I'm not normally a castle person, but my son asked me to build a castle.
So I thought I'd start with the outer walls (not sure what they are
properly called).  I seemed to have a large number of part #2345s on hand
in dark grey (ok... old dark grey) and put them together to form a jagged
wall.  Personally I like the effect.   What are your opinions?

http://members.rogers.com/jashiner/wall1.JPG
http://members.rogers.com/jashiner/wall2.JPG

Looks nice.  I don't know prototypical it is (I can think of a few
military problems with a wall built that way) but it looks strong and
imposing.

I don't like the slopes at the bottom, though; I think it would
be better to have the walls go right down into a wet moat.  And the towers
don't live up to their wall; they're these wispy little things on big,
beefy walls.

TWS Garrison