 Castle / 19697
Re: The new movie "TROY" and MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:37:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, I do not know much about the movie, heard about it first here.

Yes, thousands of remakes, on big screen and little stupid box.

Scrounging up somewhat authentic minifigs will be kind of hard, the closest I
can think of are the knights with the scale mael armor as seen in the Lego
castle set Black Monarch's Castle/Fortress. I could throw in a few scenes I
suppose as I have about 30 of those figures. I also happen to have made a large
number of triangle shields with a horse head on it. I wanted a new faction aside
from lion, falcon, dragon, bull, wolf and so created an in color shield design.
It has a brown border, green field, yellow rimmed orange sun with a golden horse
head in the center of the sun. I was thinking that this might be useful or close
to a Troy/Greek design.

Aside from the movies and Hollywood's versions of Troy, I have, in my studies to
become an archeoligist, done some archeological study on Troy -- it was in
relation to a beautiful and giant city in Asia Minor that was a contemporary of
Troy, but survived well into the Roman Empire. I could offer some historical
truth if anyone wanted -- to tell truth, Hollywood has really made it grand.
But, in its own right it was indeed worth story and song and legend.

As for other historical writings/accounts of Troy, yah, they existed. And then
they got burned with the Library of Alexandria.

Overall, its sounds intriguing to do something like this...