 Castle / 19575
    Great Hall —Benjamin Ellermann
   Hi Everyone, I am pleased to announce my latest creation - the Great Hall of a castle. This is a two story structure with the hall on the lower level and living quarters for the castle family above. Exterior Shots: (2 URLs) I used pictures of castle (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

        Re: Great Hall —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) I really like the interior walls and ceilings. The plaster over the stone looks great, as do the beams on the ceiling. But the walls without windows look a little blank. "This is a castle, isn't it? There are (URL) tapestries>?" Marc Nelson (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: Great Hall —Benjamin Ellermann
     (...) Hi Marc, Thank you for your comments. I am really pleased with the plaster work also. The wall doesnt have windows because it is an exterior castle wall. A tapestry may be appropriate here because that side of the room is very plain. I was (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Great Hall —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Ben, this is an excellent build. I'd have to agree with Marc that the castle wall with no windows is plain, i think at least one would have been fun. I do enjoy the plaster walls - something I'd never do b/c of the piece usage, but it is cool (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: Great Hall —Benjamin Ellermann
     (...) Thank you. (...) Perhaps on my next moc I can try some snot experimentations for small windows to use in these situations :) (...) Yes, the plaster work took the most time and pieces. I had to search for white plates and was constantly running (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Great Hall —Matthew Healey
   Benjamin, I like your castle and especially the ceilings. I never paid much attention to ceilings and now I see how wrong I was! One small quibble with your great hall, if I may -- shouldn't a fireplace have a chimney above it? Or did I miss (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: Great Hall —Benjamin Ellermann
   (...) Hi Matthew, Thank you for your compliments. I did forget the chimney that should have been incorporated into the tower. This needs to be added at a later time if I remodel the hall. (you are the second person to catch this terrible flaw - (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)