 Castle / 19581
Re: Great Hall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:42:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   Ben, this is an excellent build.

Thank you.

   I’d have to agree with Marc that the castle wall with no windows is plain, i think at least one would have been fun.

Perhaps on my next moc I can try some snot experimentations for small windows to use in these situations :)

   I do enjoy the plaster walls - something I’d never do b/c of the piece usage, but it is cool to see that you have.

Yes, the plaster work took the most time and pieces. I had to search for white plates and was constantly running out of them. In addition, I had to visually inspect the placement of the 1x1 grey tiles to create a random but balanced design.

   The lord and lady being seperated when you open the hall looks a bit weird. Overall, a super cool moc.

oh yeah, and you need slopes on those battlements!

-Lenny

I agree about the lord and lady. The fireplace also looks really good when closed. It would be nice if the creation opened in the other direction. I guess I lose some good views either way the moc opens.

The battlements do need slopes. Lego - can I get a grey roof pack - with steep grey roof peaks ;)

Ben