 Castle / 19575
19574  |  19576
Subject:
Great Hall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:10:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce my latest creation - the Great Hall of a castle. This is a two story structure with the hall on the lower level and living quarters for the castle family above.

Exterior Shots:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall01.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall02.jpg

I used pictures of castle interiors to inspire the hall construction. Many walls are covered with white plaster with only stone borders visible around doors and windows. I also added plaster to the ceilings.

Overall Shot: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall03.jpg

The hall opens in half. There are two long narrow dining tables with benches. Most people working and living in the castle eat here. A raised platform near the fireplace is where Lord Henry and his Lady dine

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall04.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall05.jpg

The living quarters are complete with a bed, writing table, round table, chest, kitten chasing a ball of string, dresser, and weapons rack.

Furniture: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall09.jpg

A stair tower gives access to the second level bed chamber and the battlements. The lower level of the tower is vaulted and contains a storage area. A ladder leads from the second level to the top of the tower.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall06.jpg

Additional details of the wall and ceiling construction can be seen here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall07.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/greathall08.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BenjaminE/GreatHall/halldetail01.jpg

Questions and comments are welcome!