 Castle / 19483
Re: Handgunners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 06:47:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richie Dulin wrote:

   Looking for something not so oversize, I used a light-sabre handle. The chrome is obnoxiously bright, so I spray-painted it black. Inasmuch as medieval cannon and some guns used reinforcing bands, it worked out rather well.

These look great! I think the next time my medieval brikwars army has an outing, they’ll have a few of these along - they’ll complement the Pikes of Doom nicely.

Look just beyond the handgunners in the photo and you’ll note my own Pikemen have beat you to the punch (preparing for a Lowlands vs, France Days of Knights battle). :-)

   I’m not so rapt in these. I thought originally that it was because you’d - shock, horror - modified a musket... but I’m partial to the odd bit of modification myself, and it is a nice shape.

I think I just don’t like the colour contrast between the brown and the black... I wonder if grey (light or dark) would look better? Or maybe just using a black musket instead of a brown?

I thought about doing it in black, but I have lots more brown ones to experiment with. Looking at it, I think it would mesh the disparate parts better if it was all black. I’ve trimmed musket barrels before to make carbines for mounted troops, so I have no respect for Lego parts if it suits my whim (you didn’t even mention my painting the helmet, so you can’t be that much of a purist g).

-->Bruce<--