 Castle / 19172
    Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) (URL) for the record, Larry, I'm. not sure I agree with you. If you take a close look to the picture (note the shadows) you would find that this mill has a skirt, and that this particular instance is only exeptional for the fact that the side (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I'll buy that. What I did was spotted one that didn't have the front hanging down lower (after seeing a lot that did) and assumed, "no skirt". Functionally if all the sides hang down would that (aerodynamically) do exactly the same thing. Not (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) It turns out we both misunderstood Anthony here, he wasn't talking about the skirt at the front (he succesfully added a skirt to his model, see: (URL) ) I believe that with "ledge" Anthony he was refering to a kind af balcony or gangway at the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)