 Castle / 1897
Re: Not quite ready for prime time... But here are some teasers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:11:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Eric,

I like your town scene a lot, the combination of the church, inn, market and
houses is a winner!

One pointer though; your pictures are a bit blurry. I suggest two things,
depending on your problem:
-If the reason for the blur is that you tend to move the camera while taking
the pic, put the camera on a solid object (table, shelf, etc.).
-If your focus is, well, unfocused, try using a manual focus option (if you
have one). I'm no expert on cameras, but for lego pics I don't use auto focus
because my camera tends to focus on the background. So I manually adjust it.
It takes a bit more time but makes a great deal of difference, specially to
close-up shots.

Thats why I made sure to say that these were unedited shots.  I usually get
about half the pictures I take with my Digital camera to come out presentable.
I usually screne them closely before posting them and clean them up.  This was
a bit of a rush job and not something I am going to keep up for long.  For
those pictures that are OK they might make it to my page otherwise they won't.
When I get time I am going to do a much more controled shoot and I will be
editing pictures and creating pages.  When that happens the number of blurred
shots will be minimal.

I really liked your town, and I hope to see pics of the inn's interior soon!
I also liked the interior of your house.

Thanks a lot, I don't know how soon I will have pictures of the interior of the
Inn though.  Seeing that it is not necessary for the TCS layout it is not a
priority.  I may not get to the interior until after I get the model back from
TCS.

I have actually gotten a lot more into creating this Castle/Medieval stuff than
I thought I would.  I am starting to run low in certain areas like Tan
Baseplates and 1xX Black plates so I have to be selective in what I do.

Anyway hopefully I will get a cleaned up page with good pictures of the town
scene up soon.  I will also be redoing my Church page as well as creating a
page for the house.  I really need a good evening + to do this so we will see.
Usually Thursday nights are heavy LEGO building and Web Page work nights as
that is the night all of my wife's TV shows are on that I can't stand :).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: