 Castle / 18000
  Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

Well, it isn't pretty..... Okay, it's down-right ugly.... But I hope you'll agree that has more to do with the riot of colours rather than the actual design. I've built a posable horse. It's slightly larger than the standard Lego horse, but it is (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

(...) Did you consider a lot of possibilities for joints? It might be useful to have a collection of ugly ideas, who knows, they might turn up in more beautiful places? I like the 1x2 plate with bar for muounting legs, that seems really useful. I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

hello! (...) I always appreciate things that are built with bricks rather than using one big molded piece. So you earn a laud for this in any case. And well, your horse is not pretty but I wouldn't go so far and say it's ugly. Particularly the gap (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

(...) Its not ugly, just colorful! Actually i think it looks rather cool and alot more useful than the molded ones. I think if the colors were the same, it would look pretty good and i could verify that if i wasnt sitting over 150 miles from my (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

(...) My current problem for joints is parts selection. I don't have the 2 & 3 fingered hinge plates that would be needed for the other approach I'd envisioned. I think they would work well, but I'm not sure if the length of the legs would be too (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

(...) Yup, the whole neck structure is the Achilles Heel as far as presentation is concerned. I'm going to post some alternates. One that's before me now offers even more movement up/down, so I may stick with that. My first attempt was truly ugly -- (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

(...) If you drop it, it will break. ;) Also, if kids were to play with it with the usual gusto that goes with Lego I wouldn't put money on it lasting too long. However, it can be handled reasonably, and as seen in this view: (URL) holds it's pose (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

(...) appropriate brown pieces. Great stuff! -Lenny (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Poseable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)

Alan, My record is less than spotty, as I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I liked this one a lot so I thought I'd respond. As a fan of lego stop-motion-animation, this is desperately needed. Animating the LEGO horses is tough since they really (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)