 Castle / 18006
Re: Posable Horse Minifig Scale (or close enough)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:10:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Alan Findlay wrote:
I've built a posable horse. It's slightly larger than the standard Lego horse,
but it is still appropriate for minifigs.

Very interesting. Tough problem!

Did you consider a lot of possibilities for joints? It might be useful to have a
collection of ugly ideas, who knows, they might turn up in more beautiful
places? I like the 1x2 plate with bar for muounting legs, that seems really
useful.

My current problem for joints is parts selection. I don't have the 2 & 3
fingered hinge plates that would be needed for the other approach I'd
envisioned. I think they would work well, but I'm not sure if the length of the
legs would be too much out of proportion. The other worry is colour selection --
are hinge plates available in all appropriate colours? I don't know. So for now
I'm just following the old fashioned route.

I experimented with battle droid parts. The legs didn't go much anywhere, but
the body made an interesting head.

Another idea: cover the horse in barding or whatnot, like the old brick
warhorses. Maybe use tiles or plates hanging off. Then you can hide messy
details underneath!

Now there's an idea!

Alan