 Castle / 17451
Re: Ikros: Chaos Skies - Chapter 3 Online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:

Any and all feedback, good and bad, is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

I know it’s just mean to start from here but...

I’ve got to say, I’m out. That’s just a little too dark for my light (meaning relax) reading tastes (I should’ve taken the chapter heading more literally). My only complaint is an overdose on the demons, evil, temples, witches, etc. but that is your style so it is for the reader (me) to put the book down. No negative comment, just too far out of my reading zone... That said your writing has improved and it wasn’t a great chap for you to display your picture talents but they were still good.

I’m very sorry you feel that way, but believe it or not I see where you’re coming from. You’ve been a loyal reader for quite a long time now, and I hate to see you go.

I’m sorry if this is a downer or annoying or offending: I just thought that in your place (with lugnet being more-or-less a test market) I would like to know why someone stopped reading...

And I appreciate it greatly, I really do.

God Bless and keep writing,

Nathan (who will also venture a quick prediction that the voice in the temple is the black dragon from the first book who will be brought back to life and rampage only to be stopped by her child, the new dragon...)

It’s a good guess. Of course I can neither confirm nor deny it. Maybe if you decide to come back and read the story further sometime in the distant future you can find out the answer.

   P.S I somehow doubt you’ll stop at two books so I’ll probably be back in on your 3rd.

Heh... Who knows. I do enjoy writing the books just for the sake of doing them, to have my imagination take form, but it’s too much time and effort to keep doing if no one reads my work. If I lose my readership because of lack of interest, change in tastes or, as in your case, the dislike for where the story is going, there will never be a 3rd story. I will strive to do my best at finishing Chaos Skies, though.

Thanks for the feedback, and thank you for at least giving my story a chance.

--Anthony