 Castle / 15986
Re: Castle Curator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 01:44:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:

I think a Castle Curator would be an excellent
thing to have.  Having things look nice and
interactive (sim to the Space page).. we could
even have 'Medieval Weapon of the Month' and
'Castle Part of the Month.' I think those
sorts of things would be lots of fun.

Definitely. We need originality foremost,
though. No .castle posters or seed parts
here, as that would ring far too obvious
that we're trying to compare to space or
to .trains. Discussion threads are a must :)

Unfortunately, I hear it is ALOT of work to get
done, and I know I don't have the time to donate.
Would anyone be willing to do it?  Maybe we
could do a team, where one person does all the
stuff for a given month and then rotate it
everymonth.  That way someone only has a busy
month once every three or four months.

I have plenty of time on my hands, but with
the upcoming stress of choosing scholarships
and attaining the needed funds so I don't
have to pay loans for years to come, I don't
think I'll have the time to take a task of
that magnitude.

Besides, I have the harry potter side bar
to maintain, and I still need more ideas.

We could also get a fairly complete list of
Castlers Websites and brickshelf galleries to
list as well.

And building techniques! I believe a section
of the sidebar could be devoted to a step by
step guide on improving architecture, giving
non lego references to buildings and their
accentry of the era (like statues, gargoyles,
etc.)

Just a few thoughts...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast