 Castle / 15995
Re: Castle Curator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:36:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alex Polimeni writes:

Hum, i like the idea of rotating curators.
I dont have a ton of time on my hands,
but i do get a few hours on the internet
in the morning. i would take the curator
job for one month, then somebody else
the next month, then back to me again.

I wonder how a task like this would exactly
be choreographed? I mean, is there a limit to
how many people can attain permission to
edit a sidebar for one group, or would one
person (who supposedly has a lot of time)
have to take suggestions from one person a
month, then rotate?)

Maybe a post to .curators would be
necessitated for this unique situation.

For now, im going to try to catalog ideas
for this. Please post what you would like
to see in the sidebar. i will then try to
draw up a good format to include those
things. something i wanted to inlcude is,
when castlequest gets going, : Recent
Developments in Castlequest.

Well, of course CQ, but here's a few:

Building techniques. (also innovative
part uses. I have a *lot* of these, but
I won't divulge them all just yet :)

A comprehensive castles link. (maybe a
link to a .castle/ links page. Filter
out all of the old outdated sites.)

History of .castle page? Maybe this is a
rip from .space. It's up to .castlers, and
not myself, though.

.Castle Archival page. (save ancient pictures
from outdated sites so we can preserve the
heritage of pre 2003 castle. Contact with the
webmaster might be warranted for permission,
though.)

Tips on writing castle stories? (This might
be off topic, but with the disaster [1] from
my story, it might be of help to future
.castle writers.)

okay, so there would be moc,weapon etc of
the week or whatever, and recent inspirational
stuff (anything thats related to castle lego)
anything else?

Well, I would need some more time to draft
up ideas. But so far, everything looks
pretty good. (also, I'd be willing to assist
in a rotating curator position.)

thanks!

Just a few thoughts,

<<_Matt Hein_>>