 Castle / 15860
Re: The Castle Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:54:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
    I don't know where this is to be discussed so don't flame just cross
post it... and tell me.

As all of you know, im going to leave it here, in castle. ( i dont see the
point in shredding it so buildings are in one place, game in another)

   I was unable to post during the castle game brainstorming. Am I too late
to offer some ideas? I really want to be a part of this (and add to it).

No, you are not too late. I am adding you to the team of developers...as soon
as Yaron gets the webpage up, ill send you all an email.

  The most important suggestion (to me) I would like to make is to please
allow room during this design faze, and in the game, for people, like
myself, who don't want to meet monsters or magic. I want to play, I would
just like to stay human. To clarify: I have no prob with everyone else in
the game having monsters and magic I would just like to avoid it. For
example, when I am due to be attacked by the game masters monsters make it a
stray tribe of wild men.

I forgot to add wild tribesmen. Thanks for reminding me. I have, monster wise
Added Goblins, Gnomes, Trolls and dragons. thats all.

As for magic, im putting together a spell directory. we can then puzzle it out
and delete spells, or modifie them. No, i dont want ressurection,
invinsibility, etc.

   Next are some questiones.
-first off, is it too late for me to contribute? What stage of developement
is it at?

Ive got a new way of attacking this project:
I write up the complete rules, Yaron puts it on the site,
and then the disign team kicks in, modifieing it, inproving it, etc.
It is then presented to Lugnet as a finished game/marketplace.

-Second. Do the owners of MMs get any benifit (money) form the buyers? If it
is based around the MM I would like to use my stores (or get something for
them).

No. no money. they arnt really buying anything! they dont give you five bucks
and you snailmail them to the customer. No, you just say you buy something, and
take the amount that costs out of the players money supply.

-Third. If the above is used could you become an investor rather then an
adventurer (change of pace and depth)? eg I support some expedition with my
earnings in hope of finding gold, a new product, a trade root, etc. Then I
can open new shops accordingly (after we reach a good number of starter
stores of course).

Sure, you could raise money and give it to an expedition. Actually, what your
pointing out here is what i had origionally planned, not a goblin-hacking
adventure game. It is suppost to be like the Isle of Mist: more exploring, less
hacking.

    Well I gotta stop now but please fill me in and God Bless,

           Nathan

Ill send you an email as soon as i know my quick-scetched rules are online.
From there, we will develop it by email.

Eaten by a lego brick,
Aramir