 Castle / 15548
  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) I'll agree on the computer game part-- those almost always need LOTS of liberties. Unless you want a boring game... (...) I guess the beauty of the book is that it doesn't actually describe the scene. In my mind, I see Strider leaping out, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) I think a little more active defense of Frodo is implied, and Aragorn already stated that the Nazgul don't like fire, but surely they gave ground quickly because they felt they could afford to be patient. At the same time, I rather imagine (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Yeah, in the book, it's really the only acknowledged 'harm' that comes to the Nazgul in the scene-- the one swipe that Frodo takes at them. In the movie, it's all Aragorn... (...) That's my guess as well. It was a great chance for Jackson to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) Anyway, lots of geeky conversation. How would everyone like to hear my intrepretation of it? Okay, here goes. *this is meant for humorous purpose only* So, anyway, after chapter twelve, we find out that Frodo used to be a proprietor an (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)