 Castle / 15463
Re: Glory, glory 2003!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 09:28:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rocco J. Carello writes:
The oriental fortress looks excellent as well.
(looks like a nice excuse to go out and scrap
the set for parts. Hmm...roofing elements, more
pikes, doors and bricks. Where's the dragons,
though?) But, damn...Marz Distribution claims
that the SRP is around $179.98 each! Is this
even accurate? I could understand $50 to $60,
but anything over that price makes little
sense. (maybe it was an error, but I doubt
anyone would skip a decimal and sell the set for
17.98, unless it was on desperate clearance :)

It is $179.98 for a case of that particular set, and a case contains 2 sets
as written in the description. That means they're $90 each. It looks neat,
and I'll probably get one when it's on sale sometime, but I won't pay $90
for one.

However, I believe this is considered "leaked" information in the sense that
it is not public information yet, so I don't know if we're supposed to tak
about this stuff.

I don't think it's leaked.  I remember I think for the last 2 years seeing
the new stuff on this Marz site.  It's just a distributor for stores, so
when it gets here it's official and anybody can know about it.  Notice some
of them have 'no picture available', those are the ones that aren't public.
I remember last year seeing the "Wrestling Ring" set and Spiderman hadn't
been released yet so I didn't know what it referred to.  I was so pumped for
a month cuz I thought it was a WWF set.  Like they got a WWF/WCW license and
I could have a minifig Stone Cold or Hogan.  Ah well.  Bookmark that Marz
site and check it every few months.  I do!

e.