 Castle / 15459
Re: Glory, glory 2003!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 05:05:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
This is just a glorious year!!!

Ninja is totally born anew, and Castle has 'BOTH' the
Adventures line and the new Harry Potter sets to feed off of…

I was thinking along the same line as well.
(It's nice to see a fresh new line of products
to start off the new year, probably the best
of these pieces being the new tibetian hats
scimtars and halbierder pikes! Finally another
part to rival the old balberd, eh?)

A new style of Halberdier/Oriental Pike will be quite useful.1
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-7413
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-7419
(note the new Black-Cape… looks like the one the SW Geonosian wears)

Haven't seen these yet but these sets definitely
look promising, especially the quality quidditch
supplies set. (Alright! A cheap set with capes!
Looks a lot better than the quidditch practice set,
and probably several dollars cheaper at that!)

The oriental fortress looks excellent as well.
(looks like a nice excuse to go out and scrap
the set for parts. Hmm...roofing elements, more
pikes, doors and bricks. Where's the dragons,
though?) But, damn...Marz Distribution claims
that the SRP is around $179.98 each! Is this
even accurate? I could understand $50 to $60,
but anything over that price makes little
sense. (maybe it was an error, but I doubt
anyone would skip a decimal and sell the set for
17.98, unless it was on desperate clearance :)

I'm totally converting the Snow-Troopers into Hospitlars knights!
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4483

I wish they would supply better closeups of the
product in question, as I can barely make out the
figure in the image. (higher resulution would be
nice, but I guess they're trying to conserve
bandwidth.)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y