 Castle / 15389
Re: MM Basil's Artisan Shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:18:19 GMT

Very cool!  I have been waiting to see this since the teaser pics you
released a while back.  I am a sucker for blacksmith shops.  It seems like
every one is different.  I am an amatuer blacksmith myself so I guess that
explains it.  I liked the "coal" you used for your forge.  I hadn't thought
of that.  As, I said about the teasers, I like this roof idea.  We always
need new roof designs.  A few different looks are good, to mix in with the
buildings with roof slopes.  One last comment, I was impressed by your
anvils.  I noticed you didn't put horns on them.  Not a lot of people know
that medieval anvils didn't have a horn.  They were mostly square with
beveled sides like yours!  Cool.  My anvil in my (lego) blacksmith shop has
a horn, so that people know what it is, but it isn't authentic.  Did you
know this or was it a coincidence?

Still Building,
Josh

In lugnet.castle, Amado C. Pinlac writes:
Check out our latest MM entry from our homepage, Basil's Artisan Shop;
http://ACPin.homestead.com/Home.html

Background story:
Conveniently located beside the stockade of the main auction tent, Basil's
artisans shop caters to the various needs of the folks in Dragonstern. No job
is too big or small for the finest craftsmen that work in the shop. Be it a
cart wheel that needs new bindings, swords, lances and axes that need
sharpening or quivers, bows and arrows that require strengthening. Every
work is done with the utmost dedication and quality as Basil oversees all
works in the shop. The forge is kept burning at constant heat and the
craftsmen cater to the needs of the local folks with their own specialty.

Just click on the thumbnails to get to the pics and your comments, critiques
are appreciated.

Regards,
ACPin & Sons