 Castle / 15390
Re: MM Basil's Artisan Shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:24:01 GMT

Josh,

Sorry for the long wait as you might have noticed from my homepage that we
were busy with the new SW sets. We're already in the process of building
another project using the same roof design and yes it's a good complement to
the more familiar ones with the sloped bricks. As for the anvils, I don't
remember exactly where I saw a picture of a medieval village but it just got
stuck in my  mind that the blacksmith shop had these type of anvils.

The forge was initially built inside the building but my sons did not like
how it looked so we opened the side of the building and placed it in the
back end. Inside the building, we made a work table in its place where
you'll see the swords, axes and the like thrown in. The coal scene was a
last minute addition as one of my sons gave the idea for it.

Regards,
ACPin & Sons

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
Very cool!  I have been waiting to see this since the teaser pics you
released a while back.  I am a sucker for blacksmith shops.  It seems like
every one is different.  I am an amatuer blacksmith myself so I guess that
explains it.  I liked the "coal" you used for your forge.  I hadn't thought
of that.  As, I said about the teasers, I like this roof idea.  We always
need new roof designs.  A few different looks are good, to mix in with the
buildings with roof slopes.  One last comment, I was impressed by your
anvils.  I noticed you didn't put horns on them.  Not a lot of people know
that medieval anvils didn't have a horn.  They were mostly square with
beveled sides like yours!  Cool.  My anvil in my (lego) blacksmith shop has
a horn, so that people know what it is, but it isn't authentic.  Did you
know this or was it a coincidence?

Still Building,
Josh