 Castle / 15117
Re: New Castle Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:43:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rocco J. Carello writes:
I really like the shape, size, and design of the outer walls. It's nice to
see battlements with merlons that are actually big enough for the minifigs
to hide behind, and topping them with slopes was a nice touch. It's great
that you have built a way for the people to get into the towers as well. I
always try to build like that, but I never have enough pieces. The only flaw
I could see with the walls is that they are a bit monochromatic.

Yes, the walls are plain gray, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that way.
We're not looking at some 600 year old pile of ruins, so why not make it look
like it was just built and whitewashed yesterday!?

The central keep is really cool and I just stare at it and wonder, "where
did he find so many of those roof pieces?" (like the corners... 50 BFFs or
what?) I think the interior of the keep is a bit empty right now, but I'm
guessing that it will be more well furnished by the time it's finished. The
portions at the top reminded me of the Blacksmith's Shop in how it was
built, then I looked at your name and realized why. :)

I had the forsight to buy 200 of the old black 45 degree roof service packs from
S@H before they were discontinued.  Yes, the spire on the roof top is in fact
from three Black Falcon's fortresses.  Ideally, I would like to cap all of the
outer wall turrets in a similar fashion, but the cost involved...

On your site it said the keep will be available in limited quantities in
December 2002. How or where would I get one? Is this going to be a MOC from
lego like the Blacksmith's Shop, or are you putting kits together yourself
and selling them?

I actually build custom kits and the inner keep will be the most limited of all
(only a single run of ten!). I don't want to wear out my welcome by posting
sales info innaproriately here, so either email me privately or check out the
"Bazaar" portion of my web site for info on what I do.

Anyway, great work!

Thanks!

Dan

http://www.brickmania.com