 Castle / 15114
Re: New Castle Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Stephen Wroble writes:
Your castle looks great, Dan! I like the idea of a modular building. Does the
gatehouse open up too?

Technically speaking, it's a barbican, because there's no actual interior rooms
to make it a 'gate house.'  It does open up to access the interior passageways
for the archers (and to clean up rocks, arrows, feces, etc. dumped on enemy
troops trapped between the protculis...what exactly is the correct plural of
portculis anyway?).  I took a quick picture of the barbican opened up for
inspection.  The doors are missing, as are the stairs that should lead up to the
arrow slits (they will be higher in the final version).  The holes in the roof
are for the portuculis winch chains, as well machilations for dumping water on
the portculis and doors (should the enemy try to burn them), and also rocks,
boiling oil, etc. to be dumped on nearby enemy troops. The dark gray bars
between the crenelations are to hold hoardings, also not yet installed. Anyway,
here's a short cut to the picture:

http://www.brickmania.com/Gallery2/castle/vlad5.jpg

Thanks for the interest!

Dan