 Castle / 15105
    New Castle Ideas —Daniel Siskind
   I've been working on my castle kit ideas again and have posted some prototype pictures to my gallery. Pictured is a central keep, surrounded by some modular castle wall sections. These aren't 100% complete yet, but I thought I'd share the work on (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: New Castle Ideas —Josh Wedin
     Hi Dan, Very nice stuff as always! I really like the keep. The way you have the top roof of the keep open and close was quite original. Build On, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: New Castle Ideas —Stephen Wroble
     Your castle looks great, Dan! I like the idea of a modular building. Does the gatehouse open up too? (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: New Castle Ideas —Daniel Siskind
     (...) Technically speaking, it's a barbican, because there's no actual interior rooms to make it a 'gate house.' It does open up to access the interior passageways for the archers (and to clean up rocks, arrows, feces, etc. dumped on enemy troops (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: New Castle Ideas —Stephen Wroble
     Nice! Very detailed. It's great to see such a level of historical accuracy. That's for the preview! Stephen (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: New Castle Ideas —Rocco J. Carello
   I really like the shape, size, and design of the outer walls. It's nice to see battlements with merlons that are actually big enough for the minifigs to hide behind, and topping them with slopes was a nice touch. It's great that you have built a way (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: New Castle Ideas —Daniel Siskind
   (...) Yes, the walls are plain gray, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that way. We're not looking at some 600 year old pile of ruins, so why not make it look like it was just built and whitewashed yesterday!? (...) I had the forsight to buy 200 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)