 Castle / 1380 (+20)
  Re: Princess Storm, aka warrior woman---Any Pictures?

(...) I was actually doing some calculations on that myself (to see if it would be worth it to buy a few sets like that and sell them off in parts). Here are some of the things I came up with: Baseplate - $10 Storm - $7 Queen - $7 (well - if you (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BOGO @ 50% off

(...) So what you're saying is that the warrior with FRECKLES is much more evil and cool than the "dork" with an eyepatch stiched to head? I don't get it. The guy with the cart is nothing more than a Timmy head, it's horrible. Not that i like the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Princess Storm, aka warrior woman---Any Pictures?

(...) some (...) I'd be surprised if you couldn't get $15-$20 for the queen. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) I don't buy it. Why would they want to "use up" a mold? Particularly a "brand new" element that might be still protected by patent? The Space Dacta set, for example, had special elements (octagonal corridor elements, in particular) that wound (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

Reference: (URL) don't think the seller can be trusted here. I don't care what he types in an email, he likely is not truthful. Here is what I believe the situation is: - All of the pieces are genuine Lego elements - The box is a genuine Lego box - (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

Interesting theory. However, 1. It seems like a lot of work for someone to kludge up a new image to paste on the cover of an existing box. What some people won't do for money .... but it seems like too much work to me. More tellingly, 2. The castle (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) What, I say, what is DACTA? Aaron>maniac@vol.com (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) LEGO's line of educational products. Go here: (URL) a more expansive answer... James (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) I don't believe this. Why would someone go through all the trouble of making a fake box just because they wanted to keep the special pieces from that set? If they wanted to just get the pieces, they could auction off the rest for parts and I'm (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Princess Storm, aka warrior woman---Any Pictures?

(...) There are 16 of the blue extreme corner slopes (and of course 5 of the tall pyramid tops). (The catapult tower doesn't hae the extreme slopes on it) (...) Yes. (So is the bird.) There are 4 crossbows. (...) I think they're best used the way (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) I don't know about 'using up' a mold, unless he means that they had a bunch of extra said pieces made that weren't put into sets. I might believe it, though, seeing as how the Castle Dacta set also had things like the Dragon Masters tower (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

(...) I don't think the seller is trying to deceive anyone! In his email to me, he stated that he didn't know much about lego. He was also upfront in telling me that the pieces didn't have the lego logo on them. I think that he was convinced that (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BOGO @ 50% off

(...) Someone pointed out their torsos DO look rather like pineapples :) (...) I'd have to agree... I think the guy with freckles & the smirk looks REALLY dumb... I can't regard him as anything but the idiot of the bunch. He looks like maybe he's (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Princess Storm, aka warrior woman---Any Pictures?

(...) I'd agree on the strong points idea... I kind of picture them as being raised up several levels, and sticking out of the walls slightly, in the middle of a solid wall... I'm not so sure I want to use them for towers though... They're a bit too (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) Personally, I think it's intended to be used in schools-- and probably for younger grades (K-4, roughly...) And so Dacta wanted to use large pieces that are tougher to break and harder to loose. And I'd note that this set is comprised of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Princess Storm, aka warrior woman---Any Pictures?

(...) far. (...) though. (...) I also agree on the Strong points. About the only good use I have been able to think of so far for those pieces. I was thinking of something like reenforced columns on either side of a gate or at even intervals along (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Wizards

I was playing around with my 'figs this past weekend... made three kinda cool looking unique Wizards: BLUE WIZARD - Blue legs & waist, blue tunic w/ pouch (Majisto's torso), blue arms, yellow hands, blue Wizard hat, and Ice Planet Granddaddy's head (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards

(...) I did something slightly similar for my potion/drug store in my market. (URL) think the Darth Maul or even the new Luke torso from the Skiff set work great as Wizard/Magicians. I even created a Priest/Minister for my church using Maul's (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards

(...) Dave, Cool figures! I also messed around a little bit, and here is what I came up with: (URL) (you might have to copy and paste - this is an old picture and I should have a better one up soon once my new page is displayable). It's VERY (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizards

(...) Not only that, but they come in cheap sets! You can buy a skiff, the lightsaber duel, the landspeeder, and the Gungan Swamp for all under $10, I think... Now all they need to do is offer a padme fig (or at least the hair) in a cheap set! (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact