 Castle / 13575
Re: 1st of modular MOC castle: Guard tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:29:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
Hello Castleheads!
This is my first MOC post, so please let me know if you like it!
I've been contributing only text to LUGNET until now, here is the result of
three sleepless nights.  This is my first large scale attempt at a castle
that can be broken into smaller sections, and only the first piece.  Lots of
recently sorted Harry Potter sets can be attributed to my selection of parts
providing inspiration for this beast.

It looks really good. I like the fact that it looks very complete for just a
section of the final product.

Vertically this is the largest single baseplate structure I've ever done, I
intend to connect it to wall and gatehouse sections later.  The exterior is
divided into points on the compass, the entry ramp on the South side is to
face the inner courtyard and town.  The East side has an exposed walkway
because it is intended that the next portion be a long wall attached here.

I look forward to hearing you complain about running out of bricks. ;-)

Sorry about some of the blurred photos, me hands shake with glee!

If you resize the pictures a little smaller, you will find that the blur is
greatly reduced. I have recently discovered this playing around with my
pictures.

Jude