 Castle / 13572
13571  |  13573
Subject:
1st of modular MOC castle: Guard tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:24:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello Castleheads!
This is my first MOC post, so please let me know if you like it!
I've been contributing only text to LUGNET until now, here is the result of
three sleepless nights.  This is my first large scale attempt at a castle
that can be broken into smaller sections, and only the first piece.  Lots of
recently sorted Harry Potter sets can be attributed to my selection of parts
providing inspiration for this beast.

Vertically this is the largest single baseplate structure I've ever done, I
intend to connect it to wall and gatehouse sections later.  The exterior is
divided into points on the compass, the entry ramp on the South side is to
face the inner courtyard and town.  The East side has an exposed walkway
because it is intended that the next portion be a long wall attached here.

-The basement is stocked with provisions for a siege, contains a well and
has removable ceiling/floor panels for my fingers to access it.
-The ground floor level is the watchroom and features a locking oak door
entrance on the East and under the tower on the South. Also are a roaring
fireplace, weapon racks, card table and a spiral staircase.  I added the
swing out wall sections so I could get into the interior.
-Up the staircase to the second level you will find the guards sleeping
quarters which can accomodate four in double bunks. There is a ladder here
to climb to the roof.  Outside is the North face rampart, covered both from
weather and enemy fire.  Here you can access the West tower through a oaken
door and find a ladder to the top.
-The third level has the main North watch station with a small catapult that
can fire stones, flaming shot or primitive explosives.  The tower at this
level features a private prayer chapel with a stained glass window.
-The fourth level only extends to the tower, where the King's magi can probe
the secrets of their arts and apply them to the general defense.  There is a
hinged attic above to hide the treasures valuable to these magi.

There are some parts, particularly on the tower that I may change soon, but
right now I want to work on the walls that will extend beyond this structure.

I also have some photos of my evolved party of adventurers as they enter the
wilderness from the Adventurer's Guild.  They are based directly upon my
(way old) Bard's Tale game characters.  Yeesh, I bet most of you barely (if
at all know about it) remember it.

They are Aveneer, the Paladin; Clariana the Bard; Brenan the Hunter; Kregan
the Chronomancer; Randall the Rogue; Valaria the Rogue; Xenon III the
Archmage; Torin the Monk.

Sorry about some of the blurred photos, me hands shake with glee!

Speak not the name of the Mad One, lest he awake!
-Aaron-
Oops! ;)