 Castle / 13547
Re: Castle Adane and others
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:53:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
Good job with these MOCs!  You are doing stuff that I am just starting on.
I am in the process of rebuilding some of my stuff because it lacks the
realism.  You know, no staircases and such.  I like the farm a lot as well.
One question, what do you use to hold the roof on?  Does it just sit on the
top or do you have something that secures it?

hey josh,
thanks for the comments! it took me a while to get where i am with building. it
took me a while where i could devote as many bricks to building one thing at a
time... it takes an awful lot to get a good 'realistic' feel!  thank god for
siskind's 3739.. everything you need at a great price!

about the roof. let see, how to explain this? well, the roof does sit on a
layer of tiles on the building, but the roof has little 'feet' guide (plates
stuck to the bottom of the roof) that hold it in place when it is on the house.
this makes it easy to lift off and replace, while at the same time giving it a
feeling of being somewhat secured.  does that make sense? ill try to post a
picture of this to make it more understandable.

almost of my roofs use some version of this.. my big hands need a lot of
accessibility in order to easily get at the insides! i also try to make the
house split in half, making it even easier.  this was so much easier when i was
ten...

again, thanks for the comments.

peace
-lenny